Well, here it is, the very last day of 2007. I really can't believe it. This time last year I was out skiing in Colorado with the realization that I had A LOT of shit to do to get ready for the wedding. Boy am I glad I don't have to worry about that EVER AGAIN. Can I say that emphatically enough? EVER AGAIN.
I compiled a list of my favorite things of the past year and I'm going to share them with you. Most of them are fashion related but read them anyway for some witty commentary from yours truly.
1. Shift dresses were the rage of 2007 and what's not to like? They fit and look great on everyone! You can wear them on your skinny and fat days and feel absolutely fab-o! I own hmmm...well I don't want to admit how many I own because the husby reads this blog and we don't need to give him any ideas about the depths of my closet.
2. Chanel glossimers. These little lip smackers of joy are so fun to wear because they are Chanel. If you, precious reader, are not a sucker for a name brand then keep reading. This gloss will stay on for hours on end and even when the shininess starts to wear off you will still have an inkling of glitter left on your lips for a nice shimmer. I hightly recommend and at $24, everyone can buy one!
3. Tory Burch Reva flats. Even though these flats are a bit of an investment, it's worth the extra penny. I have worn mine with juuuuuuust about everything I own and have gotten my moneys worth out of them. I've worn them so much the color is starting to wear off the shoes. I bought a neutral color (gold) so I can wear them whatever. If you're skeptical of gold, give it a second thought. You'll be surprised at how much they will go with. On a funny note, I wore them when we were in Seattle and Kris said he had never seen a white woman wear gold shoes. I own 3 PAIRS of gold shoes!! Hmmm...
4. OPI nail polish. I love the dark colored fingernail craze and I think I'm going to keep rocking them when it goes out of style. I think it just gives your hands personality. I've decided dark nails are going to be my 'thing', my trademark if you will. Everyone needs a trademark. That's mine. Regardless of the color, OPI is the only nail polish I would bother spending your hard earned money on. It's a good quality and will stay on longer than most and covers quite nicely.
5. Amy Winehouse. Even though she's a freaking psycho addict, I love her cd Back to Black. It is my favorite of this year, and that's saying a lot since my girl Britney Spears released Blackout and almost beat out Amy. (I kid, I kid) Seriously, Amy Winehouse is so original and I respect that. She's got a style all her own and she rocks it out. I hope her resolution in 2008 is to say nope to dope. I need some more Winehouse in my life.
6. Christian Louboutins. Sigh. I just love these shoes. I think I look at them everyday on Neiman Marcus. I don't own them because they are out of my price range. I have one pair that I got on a crazy sale, it was like Last Call to the MAX at Neiman Marcus. As a whole, I think Mr. Louboutin is a geeeeeenius and I would wear every single pair of his shoes if I could afford them. If you are a shoe-a-holic like me, check them out and you can drool over them and then we can talk about how much we like them together! It'll be great!
That's all for now my friends! I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve and I look forward to blogging for you in 2008!