Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ohhhhh Seattle

Dear Blog,

I stand corrected. Seattle is NOT the rainiest city in America. After my dad read my last post he promptly busted out the almanac and looked up the rainiest city in America. Seattle wasn't in the top 20. I believe the rainiest city is somewhere in Alabama, I think it's Mobile. While I was talking to my dad I had to explain it's not the same kind of gully washers that we would experience in Charlotte and Columbia, but more like a spitting rain that lasts for about half an hour and only seems to happen when I hop on the Vespa to come home.

I felt the need to clarify to all you readers that Seattle really is beautiful and the days when the sun is shining and there is a view of the water, the views are breathtaking. So, for this next post I decided I would list out all of the things I like and dislike about my new home.

LIKES
1. The views! It's so beautiful sometimes that I can't believe I live here. I do like the weather. The mornings are brisk and I need a jacket to walk Bella and the afternoons usually dont get out of the 70's, sometimes 60's.

2. lululemon! I love my job. I think that has made a huge difference in the move out here. I have a lot to do and I genuinely like all of the people that I work with.

3. Activities. Aaron and I have been leading a much more active lifestyle since coming out here. I've been doing bootcamps and Aaron has been rocking the volleyball tourneys! I'll include some pictures later.

4. Possibilities. I know that one sounds dumb, but I honestly feel like I can do anything after packing up all belongings and trekking across the country. I know no one thought we would actually move but we set our mind to it and we did it! I think that means we can do anything :)

DISLIKES

1. Our stupid pot head, chain cigarette smoking, dumbass, next door neighbor. Whenever we open our window to let the air in, we have to hear his dumbass talking about all the stupid things that potheads talk about. And also smell all of the fumes that he puts off. Sick.

2. Hippies. There are a lot of weirdos out here that think it's a good idea to be vegan. Whatevs.

3. Being so far away from my peeps. I didn't think it would be as big of a deal to 3000 miles away from my friends as it is. I have to literally plan times to call my family and friends. Three hours time difference is definitely harder than I thought it would be. I'm also missing out on my best friends babies growing up :( At least they have blogs that I can follow.

Even though I've never claimed to be a huge fan of the South, there are things that I miss about it. I can't exactly articulate it but I'm sure all you Southerners know what I'm talking about. There's just a different way of living down there that no other part of the country can replicate.

Anywhoodle, here are some pics of a bootcamp that I did last week! Please laugh as I find it hysterical.








xoxo,
Alison

9 comments:

bellafrench said...

I think you miss the uniform...

Croakies and polo shirts.

Anonymous said...

i wrote that.

Anonymous said...

I thought #1 would be you miss yo mama!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I totally hear you on the 3 hour time difference biz with the phone calls! You definitely learn to schedule phone dates. Oh, do you miss Bojangles?? I expected to see that on the list. :)

Anonymous said...

oh bojangles...

i do miss it as well. all they have here is kfc, bleck.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't my bootcamp have a view like that? I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hey Al-
Loving the boot camp pic! It can't be too bad with a scenery like that in the background! I am glad you are having fun. I want to come visit.

Anonymous said...

boo...i miss you being 3000 miles away!! seattle sounds great...i'm ready to book my flight!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)