Monday, November 12, 2007

Into the Wiiiiiillllldddd...Grrrrrr...



Dear Blog,

Here we go again with another blogvertorial. Aaron and I like to keep the romance alive after our five (almost six!) months of being married by having date night. We have date night A LOT because we don't have that many friends to hang out with...or to keep the romance alive, whatev. Friday night we enjoyed a fine dinner at Cantina 1511, goat cheese, mushroom and spinach quesadillas make for a lively meal!, and then headed to our local theater to see the movie 'Into the Wild.' Now, before I begin my discourse about the movie I will start by saying how I learned of the movie. And if you know me, this will not surprise! Eddie Vedder did the whole soundtrack, say whaaaaaaaat? I know right, how did he know my birthday was coming up? Thanks for that Ed! So, being the Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam stalker/fan that I am, I had to go out and buy the soundtrack, which really consisted of me sitting my behind on the couch and downloading it from iTunes and no wonder Americans are fat, but I digress.
The soundtrack is really good and I highly recommend it. So, naturally after I memorized the soundtrack, I wanted to see the movie and so begins our date night. Now, I would watch a movie that Eddie did the soundtrack for even if all of the movie consisted of was a donkey pooping in a field, but LUCKY FOR US the movie was a lot more interesting than that.

Some of you may have read the book that came out circa 1996 about a young Chris McCandless who gives up all worldly pleasures and headed off, well, Into the Wild. He comes from a well-off family that is full of dysfunction and decides to screw it all and head out of the heart of Alaska. He meets some interesting characters along the way and touches the lives of many. It is a great movie that is only made greater by Eddie Vedders greatness.

I give 4 thumbs up, cause I'm counting Aaron's thumbs as well.

xoxo,
Alison

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what's wrong with watching a donkey poop in a field? isn't that more entertaining than watching a turtle or a raccoon?

Paul said...

can you control aaron's thumbs with your mind. if so you should make them touch donkey poo in a field.

Anonymous said...

good one paul, good one.

Anonymous said...

ian knows all about donkey poo. but for other reasons, so ask him paul.

Anonymous said...

I had to read that book for English 9 or whatever it was called at Furman. Needless to say I was not happy those memories had to come back when I heard there was a movie...maybe I will give it a chance though. :)

BellaFrench said...

you didn't like it?? i haven't read the book, i might try it. the movie was good, you should rent it for sure.

Anonymous said...

I read the book also. For no other reason than that one of my students was reading it and it captured my curiosity. I usually don't like movies that are based on books, but maybe I'll check it out. When it comes to the dolla theater! :) Holla!

Anonymous said...

dang, can't pay full price for a movie? holla if you need a dolla... or 8.

Anonymous said...

way to go with adding the music! moving up in blogworld.

note to jcg...your recipe was a hit!
happy birthday, prof!

*jcg said...

dang! a shout out on the blog! glad y'all enjoyed it -- it's definitely one of my faves.
happy birthday aaron!