Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sunbathing in the Northwest



Dear Blog,

I know I've griped about this before and I'm going to gripe about it again, 'cause I can yo. Everyone in the U.S of A has a schtick about Seattle and the copious amounts of rain mist we get. "Rain" is often the first word that comes out of everyone's mouth when the word "Seattle" is merely uttered. It's like the whole U.S gets off on talking about something that's semi annoying about a city in which they don't live, and I think it's done to make people feel better about where they DO live. When I moved from Columbia to Greenville and told people I was from Cola town they immediately would say, "It's so HOT there, how did you stand it?" Really? Greenville is all of two degrees cooler than Columbia. Seriously folks. It's hot as balls up there too.

Anyway, I'm totally digressing from the point. So, this winter hasn't been that bad in Seattle. It's been cold, and we had like 18 feet of snow right before Christmas but other than that it's been legit. We've had lots of sunny days, some cloudy days, some random hail storms and snow flurries. I would say it's been a typical winter for anyone in the northern part of the U.S. None of this bothered me until just a few days ago. I'm itching for spring! I think the first official day of Spring happening last week made me want it that much more. It's still pretty cold here and lately all of the days have been really cloudy and misty making me feel antsy for some sun. I check the weather on my iphone everyday and get so excited when I see a yellow sun instead of rainy clouds, and that day came today! This afternoon was SO sunny I just couldn't stand it! Aaron and I took Bella on a long walk and then continued the frivolity in our backyard. I was so sun happy that I just layed down right in the backyard (I checked for Bella poop, don't worry) and I stayed there for about 20 minutes. I had to get my vitamin D and some color on my white, white face. I was immediately in a better mood and I think Ron and Bella were as well. There is no moral to this story other than we make our own happiness and if that is 20 minutes in my backyard sunbathing in multiple layers, then that's what it is.

xoxo,
Alison

2 comments:

Miss-U-Moo said...

That is what Punita calls "dead body" but palms need to be facing up:-)

Connor Family Blog said...

Haha, that's hilarious. I was about to comment, "you look dead", but Moo beat me to it. Ha! Spring will be here soon!