So, I've been tagged by Crist to do this THING, where I tell you 6 things about me or something. And I'm like, don't I already tell you people enough? I think I get pretty nitty gritty on this here blog, my trials, tribulations, wants and needs. But, NO, you want more, more, more. And to that, I say, fine. I will give you more.
Here are the rules;
Six Quirky Things About Me
* Link to the person that tagged you.
* Post the rules on your blog.
* Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
* Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
* Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
I think I'm going to have to not follow the last two rules because I don't know 6 bloggers that would do this, so, sorry person who made up the rules but this part of the Family Tree stops with me.
1. When I was little I wanted to be a donut maker. Seriously, that's what I would call it too. I wanted to be that person who got up at 3 a.m to make donuts at Dunkin' Donuts for all of the early risers who found sugar to be their breakfast of choice. I thought their was nothing more perfect than a donut. I still think that. I had high ambitions as a 4 year old. Makin' the parents proud. And I was the over achiever in the family.
2. When I'm working out and listening to the iPizzle, I mostly listen to some hip hop and urban beats. Not only do I listen to some booty shakin' music, I choreograph Fly Girl dances in my head to go to the song. Of course, I am always the star fly girl. I even think about what I would wear in the hip hop videos. I imagine myself to be the flyest white girl in all the videos. Pretty soon I have all of the hottest stars asking me to be in their video.
3. Sometimes I can be so cheap!! Clothing and accessories aside, I won't buy anything unless Aaron and I absolutely have to have it. "Aaron, are you sure you need to eat this week? Now, brushing our teeth...is that a necessity? Cause...we're out of toothpaste." I'll use all of the lotion out of little hotel mini bottles before I go buy some more. That's where I save money so I can buy more important things.
4. I'm not a very sympathetic person. I wasn't born with that gene. I mean, I'll be sympathetic if it is something worth being sympathetic to; not being able to get pregnant, getting fired from a job; natural disasters; but you're talking to the wrong girl if you complain about dumb things. Case in point; I used to have a co-worker who could find the negative in any given situation and then would turn it around like the universe is totally against her and WOE, WOE IS SHE. Well, all that starts to get so old and people tune you out. Besides, I firmly believe we are in charge of our own happiness. If you're waiting on it from someone else, well you'll be waiting a long time. Check it.
5. I cry at everything. Give me a commercial with some sad dogs who aren't being adopted and I'll cry like a baby. Give me a 20/20 special with Babwa Walters and show like two people being reunited and I'll just crrrrryyyyyyyy and crrrrryyyyyyyy. Aaron thinks I'm cah-razy and all I can say is, I get it from my Momma. She be that way too.
6. Now, this is kind of weird. But, I make friends very easily with all men over 50. I have like 4 friends from my past jobs who are all over 50 and who will still call me regularly to chew the fat. Now, I know some of y'all think that's creepy but it's totally just a friendship. All of them know Aaron and I know their wives and we're just friends. So, if you know any 50+ men who are nice and looking for a friend who will make them laugh just send 'em on my way.
Now, are you all satisfied?